- Pictures That Build Stories
David Martin Gets a Job
- This set of hand-held visuals has been designed for the following types of language activities:
1. Introducing essential employment vocabulary and expressions by progressive development of a meaningful story line.
2. Practicing and reinforcing tenses, irregular verbs, idiomatic expressions and question formation.
3. Building listening-comprehension skills critical to a successful job interview.
4. Stimulating conversation by progressing from controlled oral practice to original self-expression.
On the back of each visual, the basic story is given at two different proficiency levels. The first version presents essential job vocabulary and expressions in simple sentences. The second version includes additional job vocabulary within more advanced sentence structures.
DESIGN AND FORMAT
This comprehensive set of instructional materials includes the following components:
• Thirty-six attractively illustrated hand-held visuals.
• Two complete story lines with corresponding comprehension questions.
• Two reproducible reading passages for follow-up and reinforcement.
• Ten reproducible activities to reinforce and to expand basic job-search skills.